Develops and delivers on Patterson Veterinary University (PVU) objectives both in-person and virtually, as defined in annual business plans. Consults with sales team and customers on best business practices. Leads, directs and manages Patterson Veterinary University Education Specialist in day to day responsibilities to decide on content, marketing, instructor and industry direction and relationships. Has indirect management responsibility over Business Development Event Coordinator for PVU assigned events. Writes articles, publishes content and instructs messaging for Patterson Today, Insight magazine and Patterson's other periodicals. Coordinates and facilitates internal and external speaking events, and promotions for the PVU educational series offerings. Works collaboratively with marketing, finance, and sales to deliver a consistent message both internally and externally on positioning PVU as industry-leading, veterinary-specific business education.
* Deliver on key performance indicators approved by Sr. Dir., Business Development in annual business plan
* Collaborate, manage and decide on direction for updates to content of educational courses for PVU In-Person and PVU-Virtual Campus.
* Manages and leads day to day responsibilities of PVU Education Specialist and indirectly for Business Development Event Coordinator (in relation to PVU seminars).
* Facilitates and leads work performed by Creative Services in conjunction with PVU Education Specialist and Event Coordinator for the development of materials needed for all PVU courses.
* Reinforces and delivers updates on the value of PVU to the sales teams at regional, national and joint sales meetings and industry trade shows as needed.
* Recruits and maintains relationships with third party independent contractors to deliver content for all PVU in-person seminars.
* Manages the development and maintenance of PVU calendar offerings; dates, locations, points of contact, and instructor schedules.
* Provides direction on the development and maintenance of the PVU Virtual Campus and instructs Patterson staff on direction toward relationship with third party Learning Management System (LMS) providers.
* Develops and delivers additional customer and strategic partner PVU seminars that promote Patterson as a value-added company
* Creates and leads the development work collaboratively with the Sales Education Manager to deliver internal sales training seminars tying in PVU to the Patterson sales force new hires and ongoing training efforts.
* Contribute to Practice Support Services (consulting engagements), Speaking Services (speaking engagements) and other for-fee speaking events as defined in the annual business plan.
* Other Vet University Manager duties as assigned by Sr. Director, Business Development.
Minimum Education Requirements:
* CVPM - Certified Veterinary Practice Manager
Preferred Education Requirements:
* Four-year college degree preferred
Veterinary University Manager Experience:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
* 5-10 years in veterinary practice management.
* Experience in management consulting.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects.
* Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Quickbooks.
* Product knowledge and understanding of veterinary distribution is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Associated topics: director, executive, executive director, healthcare, healthcare executive, lead, medical director, medical manager, medical practice administrator, practice manager