Civil / Structural Engineer - Site Development
Great opportunity for aCivil/Structural Engineerto join our expanding T&D Project team. Reporting directly to our Senior Engineering Leader(s), you will apply your strong technical abilities and effective communication skills to fill a diverse position as a Civil Engineer with a structural emphasis. You will analyze, and design various civil/structural elements related to high-voltage power transmission and substation and wireless telecommunications infrastructure.
- Designing structures and providing site development for electric utility projects including support structures, foundations, access roads, drainage, and ancillary structures.
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications.
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Partner with clients, vendors, permitting agencies and various other team members and stakeholders to see projects through to completion.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
Salary: $DOE. Also offers bonus structure, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related engineering experience for electric utility or heavy industrial projects, whether through consulting or working for an electric utility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil (or Structural) Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of design codes (ASCE, LRFD, ASD, IBC) and software (STAAD/Pro, RISA, AutoCAD, Microstation) is required.
- Civil Engineering design work experience related to 69kV/115kV/138kV/230kV/345kV/500kV electrical substations and/or electrical switchyards, including: site grading, drainage analysis, detention basin design, structural foundation, retaining wall design, geotechnical analysis, pavement design, SPCC design, SW3P design, wetland access roads and security fencing.
- Technical experience with foundation design.
- PE Registration is preferred or eligible for PE Licensing.
- Technologically and systems-savvy, Microsoft Office, etc.;
- Exposure to liaising with transmission, substation, environmental, right-of-way, construction and maintenance stakeholders.
- Strong analytical abilities, including use of online analytic tools, ability to identify relevant metrics and ability to apply them, as relevant, to the business, our clients and your projects.
- Self-initiator, results-driven, strong attention to detail with ability to work independently and manage projects.
- Thrives in an unstructured, varied and client-driven work environment.
Associated topics: building code, civil, civil engineer, department of transportation, function, microstation, roadway, structural analysis, superstructure, transportation