CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Assurance Manager to join the fast growing, Technology, Life Sciences, Hospitality, and Government Contracting Practices located in our Tysons, VA office. These practices are supported by CohnReznick s national industry practices and have impressive client lists in the Washington DC Metro market including private, publicly-traded, venture capital and private equity backed companies with domestic and international operations.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive pay and benefits
The Assurance Manager reports directly to the Sr. Managers and Partners of the firm. Our Managers oversee, mentor, and develop staff, and will be the primary lead on client engagements assigned. Your focus will initially be on the following 5 areas:
- Audit and Accounting
- Client Relationship Management and Development
- Engagement Management
- Staff Supervision, Training and Development
- Personal and Professional Development
Assurance Managers drive client engagements, review and prepare audit reports, footnotes, work papers, agreed upon procedures and other attestation engagements. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. At this level, managers effectively analyze client transactions, recognizing and resolving potential or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting. They accept responsibility and utilize firm resources to complete tasks assigned.
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA required
- Minimum 7+ years audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena including at least 1 year as an audit manager
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAGAS and GAAS.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit preparation software; Caseware experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.