Due to the tremendous success we have enjoyed, exciting opportunities exist within our Sales Engineering organization for Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers (SE). The Cloud Solutions Engineering Specialist will be aligned to handful of Global Accounts to ensure the sales and effective delivery of the technical and business value of VMware's solutions and services across On-Prem Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud (with VMC on AWS, IBM Cloud etc), Edge Computing as well as Native Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
The Cloud Solutions Engineering Role is a high-impact, very visible role and plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of VMware Multi-Cloud solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The Cloud Engineering team works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within global accounts.
We are seeking a seasoned personality with a successful track record of handling complex global accounts and who has partnered with sales to grow products and services revenue. In addition, you have demonstrated excellent planning and deployment strategy skills.
You should have experience in technology sales, consulting services, pre-sales or customer facing roles. They should have demonstrated the ability to lead complex sale execution and personally influenced key relationships in driving growth of large-scale business solutions with senior client executives.
* Work in a multi-cloud world of automation, networking and storage (on-prem, edge computing, hybrid cloud or Native Public Cloud)
* Knows how to paint a technology vision and showcase that vision via Proof of Concept/ Proof of Value.
* Knows how to create a team around him/her to support a complex engagement. Not afraid to ask for help.
* Understands the promise of technology to unify development frameworks (PaaS, CaaS) as well as infrastructure operating frameworks at IaaS Layer (VMware Cloud Foundation, VxRail etc
* Help VMware position the above solution of Unified Development environment as well as common IaaS operating model to our Global Enterprise customers.
* Serve as a trusted advisor helping our customers develop their multi-cloud strategy based on their application architectures.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required
* A minimum of 5 years of experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production infrastructure is required
* A minimum of 3 years of experience selling to a global enterprise
* Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications, migration to public cloud services as well as application development methodologies
* Solid understanding of datacenter and cloud / infrastructure automation technologies (VRA, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SALT, etc.)
* Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management's, and peer engineers
* Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments in the customer.
* Interest in learning full stack (network etc) in network and infrastructure planning and development
* Ability to clearly communicate ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Exceptional customer service orientation
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment Associated topics: business, business analysis, business intelligence, client, consult, consultant, customer, market, sap, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.