Director of Creative Strategy
Reports to: CMO
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
* We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
* We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
* We don't hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
* We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own \"why\" for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, and leadership to the role. They get pumped at the idea of creating big idea concepts that can be executed across all marketing channels for our organization.
Primary Responsibilities (60% of your time).
We're looking for someone to take our impact-driven CTAs and make them the most creative and compelling campaigns our members and partners (cause, media, marketing, business) have ever seen. As the Director of Creative Strategy, your main priorities are to:
* Develop multi-platform campaigns (both online and offline) with strong CTAs that are innovative, award-winning, press worthy, and foster member growth and engagement.
* Work with our Business Development team to pitch and lock major corporations as campaign sponsors. You'll lead a cross-functional team in the campaign creation process and oversee the development of the campaign proposal to ensure we're creating visionary, impactful campaigns, as well as compelling brand moments.
Additional Responsibilities (40% of your time).
As our Director of Creative Strategy, you'll also be responsible for:
* Supporting our CMO in championing the brand strategy and ensure that our campaigns meet our brand promise of being \"Relevant! Inspiring! Never just meh!\"
* Providing strategic direction to support the creative concepting and design processes.
* Iterating upon our current campaign creation process to ensure we're developing the most compelling, timely, and impactful campaigns possible.
* Working internally with our Senior Campaign Strategist and cross-functional teams (Design, Editorial, Product, Research, Business Development) as a connecting thread on the creative vision, research and insights gathering, and impact verification processes to ensure we're developing the most compelling and impactful campaigns possible.
* Fostering and managing external relationships with creative strategists and agencies to help develop, bolster, and amplify our campaigns as well as ensure that we have outside perspectives represented in our brainstorms and concept development.
* Mastering strategic positioning. You'll conduct targeted research into brand and comparative markets and identify key themes, trends, and opportunities that will resonate with Gen Z. (Psst?our membership demo is 13-25 years old.) You will share consistent thought leadership around creativity and user insights.
* Developing a system to consistently codify learnings and analyses from each campaign to increase impact and performance of future campaigns.
* 7-10 years of relevant experience, ideally within the digital agency world (or similar fast-paced environment) creating notable, recognizable, and innovative work.
* You have a solid understanding of social, SMS, email, web, and emerging technologies.
* You crush it with your strong written and verbal communication skills, you can develop presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions, and your on-brand public speaking and storytelling capabilities make you the \"it\" person in the room.
* You're a seasoned external communicator. You are a senior public representative for your organization and a dynamic public speaker, capable of delivering dynamic talks and presentations.
* Your current team sees you as an innovator and visionary: You are a creative problem solver. You'll create campaigns that fit within the DoSomething model and incorporate corporate sponsors criteria. It's a fun puzzle that you have to think outside the box to solve, and you're excited for the challenge.
* You're a natural insights seeker. Ideally, you have a pulse on (and love) youth pop culture, but if not, you are an incredible researcher who knows where/how to identify youth trends and asks the right questions to uncover interesting insights.
* You're a speedy executor. On average, you'll have 5 business days to create campaigns for potential corporate sponsors, sometimes even less (did we mention we move quickly?). You'll need to work fast and as prioritize multiple pitches in the pipeline, and support your direct reports in learning to do the same.
* You're seriously passionate about what we do (duh). You believe in the collective power of young people and you're obsessed with getting young people across the globe to take action on important social issues.
Select Perks & Benefits.
* 3 weeks' vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year's (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don't have to come to work on your birthday.
* 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
* Five (or six? We're losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that's more your thing.
* DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (\"we\", \"us\") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
* DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
* We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
* Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
* We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be \"recycled\" for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
* DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
* Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
* JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR's systems in accordance with JazzHR's Terms of Service.
Associated topics: agent, booking, business, direct, director, head, monitor, recruiter, sap, strategist