Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.Please Note: This role will be located in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
- The Contractor shall provide engineering support to the N-DEx PO in the areas of: information sharing, XML, N-DEx IEPDs experience, and NIEM (Experience in IEPDs, and NIEM is required).
- The Contractor shall produce Data Integration Applications from various data sources to the N-DEx XML data exchange specifications.
- The Contractor shall have experience working with Java, .NET, Web services, XML and XLST.
- Contractor shall participate in teleconferences and meetings with both internal and
- external staff.
- Provide SME support during teleconferences and meetings with CJAs to perform data integration.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Top Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills such as organization, working well under pressure supervised or independently. Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to recognize when and where problems and opportunities exist, as well as evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions.
- Ability to produce technical documentation to support N-DEx integration services.
- Ability to recognize patterns of customer needs, as well as problems and potential solutions.
- Experience in the following areas: VMs and VDIs, CM Tools and SFTP connections.
- Knowledge of N-DEx IEPDs and law enforcement data specifications: N-DEx Incident and Arrest, Incarceration Booking Probation and Parole.
- Experience in NIEM.
- Experience using data validation tools.
- Two years exp:
- PL/SQL and T-SQL code
- JAVA, C, C#,.NET is desired.
- Oracle, Microsoft Access, My SQL, Sybase, Firefox, c-treeACE, SQL Developer,
- XML, XSLT, XSD, DTDs is desired.
- LEXS, SOAP and REST Protocols
- Bachelor s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.