We believe everyone has a talent. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become a national catalog retailer and eCommerce business. For over 50 years, LTD has provided home goods and unique gifts to our customers at tremendous values. We remain a privately held company focused on one premise exceeding our customers expectations! If you are looking for an opportunity to wow our customers and contribute to our growth, we invite you to share our vision and shape your future at LTD
The Developer/Analyst is responsible for the technical design, development, configuration, unit testing, and support of applications and services. This role partners with business partners, development team members, project/system managers, and functional analysts.
The Developer/Analyst will have a commitment to success and quality and will be constantly evolving their skill-set. This position mush have excellent communication skills in order to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates, be well organized, and be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
This role requires the ability to learn, adapt, and leverage new toolsets. This resource will use these to design, develop, and configure technical solutions for complex and critical business processes.
The projects worked by the Developer/Analyst will be done in support of the following essential business needs:
- Marketing campaign management, including the creation of email lists, catalog mailing lists, and online retargeting lists
- Marketing campaign analysis
- Customer analytics done to identify important opportunities and challenges
- Revenue forecasting
- Educational Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- Field of Study: computer science, engineering, or related field
- Previous Years of Related Experience
- 2 - 4 years of combined development/configuration experience
- Preferably 1 - 2 years specifically focused on data analytics, customer data, marketing campaign management, direct marketing lists, and/or forecasting/planning
- Specific Skill Requirements
- Microsoft .Net Development Skills in VB.NET or C#.
- MS SQL Server and data modeling experience
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and complex SQL queries, including stored procedures.
- Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, Power Pivot, macros, and importing data from MS SQL Server tables.
- Experience developing multiple application types. These include, but are not limited to, ASP.NET, Windows Forms, business objects (.NET assemblies), Web Services, and Windows Services.
- ETL experience developing and maintaining procedures to support data extract, reporting, and conversion activities.
- Experience with SAP, SAP Data Services, NCOA, SPSS, Statistical Modeling, and Name/Address cleansing would be a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule Requirements
- Off-hours work will be required to combat support issues.
- Program/configure supportable, efficient, and re-usable solutions.
- Partner with internal and external resources, including functional analysts, business partners, consulting partners, project managers, other developers, and management.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose application/system issues.
- Estimate the level of effort related to technical design, coding, and unit testing.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement application and performance tuning measures.
- Adhere to code standards for programming methodologies.
- Develop and execute test plans and test scripts.
- Research and provide recommendations to management on technical solutions.
- When required, execute analyst tasks: facilitate the development of business requirements, create functional designs, and create prototypes.
- Collaborate work with outside vendors and contractors.
Associated topics: .net, application, developer, devops, perl, sde, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer