Description of Work If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity working with patients in specialized medication assistance treatment -- we need to talk!
The Psychiatric Physician Extender will provide comprehensive, inpatient care for patients with substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric and medical conditions under the supervision of Attending Psychiatrist. Job responsibilities include:
* preparing written psychiatric assessments including treatment plans as well as
aftercare recommendations in coordination with supervised Psychiatrist;
* medication management;
* providing appropriate coordination and continuation of aftercare
The normal work hours for these positions are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., including on-call as scheduled; however, flexible work schedule will be considered. These positions are mandatory to the Adverse Weather Policy which will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to a very competitive salary, this opportunity offers an excellent benefits package, employment stability and rewarding professional opportunities. We offer a wide variety of excellent benefit options. For information regarding State benefits, please visit
NOTE: All employees must receive an annual seasonal Influenza vaccination or obtain an exemption prior to start date.
Salary Grade: MG00
Recruitment Range: $73,338 - $107,351
Multiple Positions Available: #60047159, #60047303
R.J. Blackley Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center (RJB ADATC) is located in Butner, NC. RJB is one of three inpatient centers for treatment of co-occurring substance use disorders in conjunction with other psychiatric and medical illnesses RJB is accredited by the Joint Commission and Certified by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as an inpatient psychiatric hospital.
Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy drive to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.
For more information on our facility, click here
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
* Professional experience leading and collaborating on an interdisciplinary team to
provide integrated, comprehensive patient care is essential;
* Experience performing bio/psycho/social psychiatric assessments, evaluations and
psychotropic medication management for adults, preferably in an inpatient setting;
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and their
families, clinical and non-clinical staff, etc.
* Experience compiling clear and concise notes for patients' charts and maintaining
appropriate clinical documentation;
* Interpreting laboratory results, clinical data and information relative to the patient's
* Excellent communication skills that demonstrate ability to respond to patients in a
prompt, respectful, caring and compassionate manner.
* License must be current and unrestricted.
* Must be able to successfully maintain CPR and NVCI certification;
* Experience in inpatient setting with medical management of detoxification and professional knowledge and management of patients on Methadone and Buprenophine.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed as a Physician Assistant by the North Carolina Medical Board or approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the North Carolina Medical Board.
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, consulting, neuropsychiatry, psych, psychiatry, pyschiatrist