Vice President Human Resources - Full-time (ZZ219) - Chicago - 60602
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
33 W Washington St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
The VP, Human Resources will be responsible for the leadership and management of the total HR function, aligning the function's focus and activities to support the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (SRAlab) priorities, strategies and Vision. This individual will drive talent management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, total rewards, HRIS and people analytics across the organization. Additionally, this leader will have responsibility for setting and implementing the strategic people vision for SRAlab.
The VP, Human Resources will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The VP, Human Resources will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The VP, Human Resources:
* Translates business strategy into HR strategy by establishing initiatives that effectively communicate and support SRAlab's mission, values and strategic vision. * Leads the human capital strategic planning processes and initiatives focused on the attraction and retention of the diverse talent required to maintain a competitive advantage. * Provides in-house content and consulting expertise on talent management, leadership development, employee engagement and succession planning. * Drives the recruiting initiatives, helping the talent acquisition team meet their goal of developing a consistent, best-in-class, end-to-end candidate experience that differentiates SRAlab as an employer of choice. * Identifies and evaluates talent acquisition trends in the healthcare industry to develop strategic plans in anticipation of a changing healthcare landscape. * Creates and engages a strategic approach to talent management to develop and retain people with the aptitude and abilities to meet current and future organizational needs. * Leads and oversees the HRIS and analytics functions, ensuring that best-in-class data practices are being designed, implemented and adhered to. * Develops and implements appropriate benchmarks and data driven tools which can be consistently reported upon based on shared characteristics and vision. * Maintains working knowledge of best practices, cutting-edge solutions and process in talent to determine new approaches to SRAlab's needs. * Builds, delivers and measures effective high-potential programs in order to ensure identification and retention of high caliber individuals. * Participates in the ongoing assessment and development of the total rewards strategy in order to re-enforce the overall talent strategy. * Evaluates, improves and drives leadership development and executive coaching programs. * Partners with the senior leadership team to support SRAlab initiatives, manage change and enhance business performance. * Oversees and ensures an effective, efficient and high quality human capital program. * Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
* Reports directly to SVP, Chief Administrative Officer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in organizational development, industrial or organizational psychology, human resources management, business or education strongly preferred. * Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources, business, operations or consulting, with 5-10 years in a progressive leadership roles. * Knowledge of current and contemporary market trends and practices in other industries is ideal. * Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing a major HR system or other operational program. * Demonstrated project-management skills and experience with a drive for high standards and results orientation. * Strong people leadership capabilities and demonstrated core leadership traits. * Ability to foster an atmosphere in which people work together, in producing results. * Possesses superb communication skills, both verbal and written. Is capable of effectively conveying strategies and ideas to different levels of the organization. * Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details. * An individual who is much more interested in developing individuals who flourish rather than obtaining individual recognition. * A team player. Has confidence but not arrogance and does not require individual accolades.
* Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: administrator, chief human resource officer, guide, head, lead, leader, leadership, manager, senior associate, senior director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.