At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company s compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Compliance Consultant is responsible for establishing and assuring execution of compliance programs for Wells Fargo Personal Lending Group (PLG) which includes Educational Financial Services (EFS), Personal Lines and Loans (PLL) and Small Business Lending (SBL), including multiple regulatory environments (e.g. OCC, Fed, CFPB, state laws) has responsibility for:
- Compliance Advisory support
- Compliance Annual Plan development and execution
- Compliance Risk Assessment activities and reporting
- Compliance Monitoring/Oversight, and support for Independent Testing
- Compliance Policy/Procedure implementation and execution
- Compliance Training delivery and reporting
- Compliance Change Management activities
- Compliance Exam Management support
Compliance Consultant 4 (CC4) Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an individual contributor, the CC4 is recognized as a subject matter expert in Wells Fargo compliance risk
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk-based compliance programs to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements, and providing compliance oversight for Wells Fargo PLG functions
- Works with various Business and Control Teams to provide compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives, sometimes spanning multiple business units, to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory risk
- Works with Independent Compliance Testing to design and develop the most thorough and comprehensive monitoring and testing strategies, methodologies and analyses
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Consults with Business and Control Teams to develop corrective action plans, and effectively manages change to ensure regulatory compliance
- Identifies training opportunities, then designs/coordinates the development of training materials and coordinates or delivers training
- Periodically and regularly reports findings and recommendations to Wells Fargo PLG executive management and Wells Fargo Compliance
- Works with the Compliance Exam Management Team to coordinate examinations of Wells Fargo PLG
- Leads project/virtual teams and mentors lower level staff
- Maintains an awareness of the state of compliance across Wells Fargo PLG industry
- Provides subject matter expertise across Wells Fargo PLG on appropriate and adequate compliance controls
- Ensures that all compliance-impacted business issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary
- Advise the businesses on compliance with regulatory requirements and business activities that generate compliance risk
- Provide credible challenge to affected businesses in their assessment and management of compliance risk
- Partner with businesses to develop alternative processes and controls, as needed that mitigate compliance risk but also achieve business objectives
- Maintain subject matter expertise and knowledge of the designated businesses, regulatory requirements, and elements of the Compliance Program
- Independently identify and assess compliance risks
- Execute the Compliance Program and understand corporate policies and procedures related to the compliance with the regulatory requirements for the business they support
- Monitor the activities identified in the Compliance Annual Plan identifying and reporting issues identified and support the independent testing activities for their designated business areas
- Understand themes, volumes, trends etc. by reviewing complaints and escalate issues to appropriate senior leaders
- Conduct appropriate risk-based impact analysis for applicability of regulatory changes to Wells Fargo PLG business activities, processes, systems, etc.
- Ensure action plans are completed to develop or enhance controls as needed with appropriate timelines and mitigate regulatory compliance risk
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- Direct experience with Personal Lending Group processes, products or policies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify issues and ask challenging questions; to credibly challenge existing practices or protocols
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and collaborate within and across business lines at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of compliance risk, business operations, and processes and systems controls across a variety of complex financial services related businesses
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: analyse, business analyst, business analytic, business systems analyst, consult, examiner, investment analytics, market, monitor, strategy